Tag: PORCUPINE TREE
THE DEAR HUNTER set to release epic 9 EP collection, THE COLOR SPECTRUM, June 7th on Triple Crown Records
February 24, 2011 — It’s the news fans of THE DEAR HUNTER have been waiting for.
The band’s highly anticipated collection of nine EPs entitled THE COLOR SPECTRUM will be released June 7 on Triple Crown Records in a variety of formats. Pre-orders will be available starting in March.
THE COLOR SPECTRUM consists of songs inspired by the colors of the spectrum, specifically RED, ORANGE, YELLOW, GREEN, BLUE, INDIGO and VIOLET, with WHITE and BLACK being included as bookends. Casey Crescenzo, mastermind of The Dear Hunter, completed the EPs with various producers, while traveling the US, documenting every step of the process. The collection will feature collaborations with several producers and musicians, including Manchester Orchestra, Brendan Brown from The Receiving End of Sirens, Mike Watts (who has worked with As Tall As Lions and he mixed the band’s ACT III: LIFE AND DEATH), and Steve Haigler (Brand New, As Tall As Lions, Quicksand).
THE COLOR SPECTRUM will be released in the following formats:
Full Length CD: Includes select music from each EP compiled on one full length CD. Also available as a digital download.
Limited Edition Deluxe Vinyl Box Set: Nine 10″ vinyl records available as a Box Set, which includes all music from THE COLOR SPECTRUM and a digital download of all the music. Available only through mail order via Triple Crown Records’ website.
Full Length Vinyl: Same as CD, but full length vinyl features songs from each EP of THE COLOR SPECTRUM. Available exclusively through Hot Topic and on the band’s upcoming tours.
Individual digital versions of each song and EP from the entire collection of THE COLOR SPECTRUM will be available.
In touring news, THE DEAR HUNTER will hit the U.S. concert trail in May, with shows to be announced in the coming weeks. The band has already racked up thousands of miles in tour dates with bands such as Brand New, Coheed and Cambria, Circa Survive, Say Anything, Porcupine Tree, Mewithoutyou and many others.
PORCUPINE TREE will join up with COHEED AND CAMBRIA for a 12-date co-headlining US tour that kicks off at the Hollywood Palladium in LA on August 12th. Tickets go on sale to the public Friday, June 25th. It is the third round of US touring for Porcupine Tree since their top-25 debut of The Incident last September.
These shows also continue the momentum that Porcupine Tree have built up over the last several months. Porcupine Tree’s North American Spring tour sold out, and they have already sold out their October show at the Royal Albert Hall in London. And that is by no means the extent of Porcupine Tree’s activity this summer.
Upcoming Porcupine Tree events:
- Porcupine Tree will headline Radio City Music Hall September 24th.
- The band has released their second live concert film, Anesthetize, on DVD and Blu-Ray. Amazon sold out of the Blu-Ray version on pre-orders alone, and the DVD has notched top-10 debuts in the UK, Germany, Finland, Sweden, and Holland.
- Porcupine Tree has posted Atlanta, a complete 2-hour live performance from the Fear of a Blank Planet tour, as a download from the PT Store. All proceeds from this digital-only release will go towards Japan bass player Mick Karn‘s treatment for cancer.
- Porcupine Tree will play several major festivals in Europe including Roskilde (Denmark), Rock Werchter (Belgium), and Sonisphere (Spain).
- Gavin Harrison has been named “Best Progressive Drummer” for the fourth consecutive year in the 2010 Modern Drummer readers’ poll.
- Steven Wilson co-wrote and sang the track ‘The Fountain‘ on PENDULUM’s new album, Immersion, which entered the UK album charts at #1.
- And finally, Steven Wilson has launched a second career as a writer. Wilson now pens the back-page column for Electronic Musician and was recently published in the New York Times as well.
Porcupine Tree/ Coheed And Cambria tour dates:
10 – San Francisco, CA – The Warfield (Porcupine Tree only)
12 – Hollywood, CA – Hollywood Palladium
13 – Las Vegas, NV – The Joint
14 – San Diego, CA – 4th and B
16 – Albuquerque, NM – Sunshine Theater
17 – El Paso, TX – Club 101
18 – San Antonio, TX – Sunset Station
20 – Memphis, TN – Minglewood Hall
21 – Asheville, NC – Thomas Wolfe Auditorium
22 – Nashville, TN – War Memorial Auditorium
23 – St Louis, MO – Pageant
24 – Grand Rapids, MI – Orbit Room
26 – Cleveland, OH – Nautica Pavilion