12 STONES Set TO Launch US Tour With SALIVA and ROYAL BLISS April 18th; Beneath The Scars Due Out May 22nd
March 29, 2012 — To get fans ready for the May 22 release of their fourth album, BENEATH THE SCARS (Executive Music Group label via Fontana/Universal), 12 STONES is hitting the road with Saliva and Royal Bliss starting April 18 in West Springfield, VA.
For BENEATH THE SCARS, the New Orleans band joined forces, once again, with producer Skidd Mills (Saving Abel, Skillet, Saliva), who had previously worked with 12 STONES on 2007’s ANTHEM FOR THE UNDERDOG. The first single, “Infected,” mixed by Johnny K (3 Doors Down, Disturbed, Staind), is spinning on Active Rock stations nationwide and is available for download on iTunes and Amazon. Fans who pre-order the album from band’s official website will have early download access to six songs. The rest of the album will then be made available on May 22.
A lyric video for “Infected” can be seen below. As singer Paul McCoy explains, “The song was written about the messed up state of the world. It speaks about how crazy these times are, and about being fed up with the chaos and hatred.”
Check out 12 STONES at any of the following stops, with more dates being added in the coming days. Fans should check any of the band’s websites for updated information.
DATE CITY VENUE
With Saliva and Royal Bliss:
Wed 4/18 West Springfield, VA Empire
Fri 4/20 Vienna, WV YellowBeards Tavern
Sat 4/21 Maggie Valley, NC Stingrays
Sun 4/22 North Charleston, NC Market Street Saloon
Thu 4/26 Mt. Clemens, MI Emerald Theatre
Sat 4/28 Flint, MI Machine Shop
Fri 5/11 Broussard, LA The Station Bar and Grill
PORCUPINE TREE will join up with COHEED AND CAMBRIA for a 12-date co-headlining US tour that kicks off at the Hollywood Palladium in LA on August 12th. Tickets go on sale to the public Friday, June 25th. It is the third round of US touring for Porcupine Tree since their top-25 debut of The Incident last September.
These shows also continue the momentum that Porcupine Tree have built up over the last several months. Porcupine Tree’s North American Spring tour sold out, and they have already sold out their October show at the Royal Albert Hall in London. And that is by no means the extent of Porcupine Tree’s activity this summer.
Upcoming Porcupine Tree events:
- Porcupine Tree will headline Radio City Music Hall September 24th.
- The band has released their second live concert film, Anesthetize, on DVD and Blu-Ray. Amazon sold out of the Blu-Ray version on pre-orders alone, and the DVD has notched top-10 debuts in the UK, Germany, Finland, Sweden, and Holland.
- Porcupine Tree has posted Atlanta, a complete 2-hour live performance from the Fear of a Blank Planet tour, as a download from the PT Store. All proceeds from this digital-only release will go towards Japan bass player Mick Karn‘s treatment for cancer.
- Porcupine Tree will play several major festivals in Europe including Roskilde (Denmark), Rock Werchter (Belgium), and Sonisphere (Spain).
- Gavin Harrison has been named “Best Progressive Drummer” for the fourth consecutive year in the 2010 Modern Drummer readers’ poll.
- Steven Wilson co-wrote and sang the track ‘The Fountain‘ on PENDULUM’s new album, Immersion, which entered the UK album charts at #1.
- And finally, Steven Wilson has launched a second career as a writer. Wilson now pens the back-page column for Electronic Musician and was recently published in the New York Times as well.
Porcupine Tree/ Coheed And Cambria tour dates:
10 – San Francisco, CA – The Warfield (Porcupine Tree only)
12 – Hollywood, CA – Hollywood Palladium
13 – Las Vegas, NV – The Joint
14 – San Diego, CA – 4th and B
16 – Albuquerque, NM – Sunshine Theater
17 – El Paso, TX – Club 101
18 – San Antonio, TX – Sunset Station
20 – Memphis, TN – Minglewood Hall
21 – Asheville, NC – Thomas Wolfe Auditorium
22 – Nashville, TN – War Memorial Auditorium
23 – St Louis, MO – Pageant
24 – Grand Rapids, MI – Orbit Room
26 – Cleveland, OH – Nautica Pavilion